To get the most from your home decorating experience, you need to find your home decorating style. There are many different styles out there and none are really right or wrong; it's all about finding what meets your personality and preferences.
Here are some tips to help you decorate your home in a style that you will be happy and comfortable with for many years to come:
1. Theme- You may want to decide on a theme. Whether it is just for one room, a portion of the house or even the entire house, a theme will help you plan properly for what you want in your home. There are many options to choose from such as southwest décor, rustic décor, country décor, modern décor, Art deco décor, Western décor, tropical décor, happy hour décor and more.
2. Style- Your style is not the same as your theme. There are three popular styles - traditional, contemporary, and country- that most people choose from.So you may have a contemporary tropical décor or a traditional Western décor, etc.
3. Mix it up- Don't be afraid to mix up room elements. Gone are the days when everything has to match. You can mix up old and new, store-bought and hand crafted, modern with country and more.
4. Be unique- Going with the current trend is nice and it helps guide you to what you want to do with your home décor but don't be afraid to be unique. Handcrafted items and artwork make it easy to have a unique style and feel in your home.
5. Internet- Take advantage of the opportunities that the internet provides both for getting ideas and also for purchasing home décor items.
When decorating your home, don't try to copy a magazine and don't be afraid to let out some of your own creative style and personality.You are the one that will be living there, after all.